The Style Cocktail.

Why I Cried At Yoga

my lifeThe Style Cocktail2 Comments
yoga.jpg
I will catch you if you fall - Yoga Mat

My yoga mat feels like home.  It is an $8 blue rubber mat I picked up at T.J. Maxx. To the eye it's nothing fancy, but to me it's the one place that promises serenity.

One class I was having a particularly bad day. 99% of the time I am a positive person, but the other 1% of the time I beat myself up pretty bad. It's as if all my anxieties, fears and neurosis are all neatly contained until the rare occasion they swirl around me and knock me to my feet. I allow myself to feel whatever it is I'm called to feel because I know: this too shall pass. 

Not too long ago I was experiencing one of these infrequent horrible days. I forced myself to go to yoga class. The minute I was there I felt better. I was back in my spiritual place, breathing in sync with other people searching for healing, health or the answers they hoped yoga would provide them with.

At the end of the class while we were meditating the teacher played, Be Still, by The Fray.

Be still and know that I'm with you / When darkness comes upon you and colors you with fear and shame; be still and know that I am here and I will say your name / If terror falls upon your bed and sleep no longer comes / Be still and still and know / When you go through the valley and shadow comes down from the hill / If morning ever comes to be / Be still be still and know...

The room was quiet except for the music and I felt a tear slip out of the corner of my eye. Uh oh, other eye starts. Suck it up, suck it up, STOP I tried telling myself. My pain ignored me and the tears keep flowing. I was experiencing emotional healing and I knew it. I decided upon exiting that if anyone noticed, despite my best attempts to hide my emotions that I would not be ashamed of my experience. 

Be still and know that there is a God, a higher power or simply the Universe is looking out for you. Cry when you need to in order to heal.

Sending light and love - Deb xo